http://www.zendurance.co.in/events

The Ladakh Marathon 2012 Registrations are open. 

Events include Full marathon, half marathon, 10K and a 100 K race. 

dates are 21st and 22nd July 2012. 

A 10 day acclimatisation program is being proposed for all the runners including the full marathoners and ultra marathoners. 

This acclimatisation will also include yoga, meditation, visits to monastries, villages. places, homes etc. 

Register early and finalise your travel plans. July is a busy tourist season in Ladakh and hence bookings need to be done early.  

Tags: ladakh, marathon

Views: 992

Replies to This Discussion

Me too interested in 21K but need time to confirm. Also this link may help. Train Low Race High.

The pics of the location are awesome.. But, I'm sure that the challenge is much bigger than I can chew.. Still, I'll put in my best efforts for a Half-Marathon... Just hoping for a 'finish' at that altitude...

BTW, are there gonna be finishers medals??

@Vikas - you bet there will be finishers medals & certificates. 

Very interesting suggestions in the link. It says that if you're unable to spend weeks training at altitude, then the next-best option is to arrive the day before. Run the race. Go home.

Manoj Haveri said:

Me too interested in 21K but need time to confirm. Also this link may help. Train Low Race High.

@Hemant - from the experience of people that i have talked to notably Bhasker and his friend Melvin both of whom ran the Great Tibetan Marathon in 2009, you need to arrive there at least 4 to 5 days before the event in order to acclimatise. The first day of arrival is spent just lying in your bed and not going out. The second day, you can take a walk outside. The third day they used to arrange a rehearsal 3 kms run for the runners and similarly on the 4th day a 5kms run. The rarified air makes it difficult to breathe and therefore this acclimatisation is necessary. 

Atleast 8 days will be good time to acclimatised and there will be practice run and work out for 3 to 4 days , i may planning to visit Chi gym in colaba to try walk or do work out inhigh altitude chamber:) lets see 

Super..... :))

Ram said:

@Vikas - you bet there will be finishers medals & certificates. 

Great. Would want to do this. If not this would plan for the Sangla Valley running and living marathon towards end of june. It seems the max altitude for the Sangla valley marathon is 10000 ft. What other factors to consider while deciding which one to run. Supposing we are planning to run the full distance i.e. 42.2

@Jaikant : we are working out with costing and support systems, will finalized within 2 weeks,

count me in

21K for me!

http://www.zendurance.co.in/events

Ladakh Marathon registrations are open at this link. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Runners for Life.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service